Sunday, November 15, 2009

Scotch Bonnets Was a Hit at the Expo

Start the presses! Our second appearance at the Women's Expo was a tremendous success! OMG! The line at the Scotch Bonnets booth went sideways and back, then wrapped around and continued in the opposite direction. People made their way to the last table in the Cafetorium and waited to try samples of our Brown Stew Chicken, Rice & Peas, Jerk Pork and yes, our signature Rum Cake. And once they did, they kept coming back, and back, and back again. As an added bonus I did a live cooking demonstration and gave out recipe cards. There was pomegranate, pineapple and mango in what turned out to be a crowd-pleasing Stewed Tropical Fruit Medley. So much food, so many people and such a great time. Thanks to all the folks who came out and decided to try something different. Your praises are very much appreciated. Many thanks to my assistant Niki and my little helper - my son Robert. And special thanks to my sister Gaveth and my niece Kayon for stopping by and lending a hand. Hope to see you all next year. Like I always say... Life's More Fun When You Spice Things Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment